I'm canning Beef Stew for fast food. Yep. That's right. Yummo.
Tee's Beef Stew
3 sm onions
3 celery ribs
1 bell pepper
5 med potatoes
2 large cloves garlic
2 lbs chopped meat
Salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs rosemary
Broth or water
- Sauté diced onions and sliced celery in a large stock pot with oil and a sprinkle of salt over med heat
- Add neat and brown
- Add chopped potatoes, sliced carrots and diced bell pepper.
- Grate garlic into pot. Add chopped rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add almost three quarts broth or water. Enough to cover the veggies and a little more.
- Heat but do not cook
- Hot food into hot jars: pint for single serve fast food.
- Pressure can this size for 1 hr and 15 minutes.
I've just learned that you thicken this as you heat it up to eat.