You guys know Morgan right?
Well, she's a teen and like many teens, she has acne. Heck I still get pimples sometimes too. Morgan hates washing her face. Period. So skin care routines are not even a fantasy around here.
In trying to simplify, I thought I'd make her a one step deal.... Wipes.
Here's what I did:
Box of inexpensive wipes
Rose ( from her rose bushes)
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp pure Castile soap
3 drops tea tree essential oil
3 drops lavender essential oil
3 drops lemon essential oil
- Put rose petals in a glass jar and pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over them. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse the wipes and squeeze excess water. Several times if needed.
- Put wipes between towels and press out any remaining water. Return to container.
- Remove petals from rose water and put in compost.
- Add coconut oil and stir to melt.
- Add essential oils
- Pour mixture over wipes, turning the stack over if necessary for the liquid to be absorbed.
That's it. Pop one out to cleanse your face or gently remove makeup. This soothing formula is anti everything, natural and good for your skin.
Go a step further and use reuseable flannel squares to make it good for the environment too.
I chose wipes that are biodegradable so we can compost ours.